I purposely devoted the majority of the the past few weeks to my Akkadian studies. However, after getting in contact with my off-campus mentor, the research part of my Signature is finally moving forward.
I am researching the connection between gods and mortals in the ancient Near East. Over the coming months I will study this topic throughly and then dedicate second semester to writing a research paper which will act as a culmination of my findings.
After talking on the phone about my goals, my off-campus mentor, a professor of the ancient Near East, suggested some reading materials that I should use to begin narrowing in on my topic.
These materials include:
Ancient Mesopotamia: Portrait of a Dead Civilization by A. Leo Oppenheim
Family Religion in Babylonia, Ugarit and Israel: Continuity and Changes in the Forms of Religious Life by K Van Der Toorn
Ancient Mesopotamian Religion: A Descriptive Introduction by Ivan Hrusa
These are all books, so my plan is to spend the month until Thanksgiving break working through them and taking notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment